PAGES

Monday 26 May 2014

Bank holiday weekend

Hello to you all.  I hope you have been having a lovely bank holiday weekend.  

Enjoying the garden 

Unusually for our family Mr J was only called into work for 3 hours on Sunday morning - apart from that we have had him home all weekend.  It has been lovely.  

Ignore the lack of green grass!

Things I normally have to enjoy alone, we have enjoyed together.  



On Saturday we went to Broadstairs with Big G and my sister for the day - it was a mixture of heavy down pours and wonderfully warm sunny spells.  


We had fun anyway. 

Yesterday was my brother in law's birthday, so we attended a BBQ held at a friends house.  It was all very strange.  My brother in law and his friends have just started to become parents; so instead of the usual drink up in the pub it was a more civilised garden party...I've only actually met some of his friends in pubs before!

Anyway today (Monday), we had a lazy day lounging around.  



Mr J watched all his favourite telly, Middle B read and occupied himself in his room, Big G got out The Hairy Bikers' Great Curries cookbook and after a quick trip to the shops, she set about filling the house with delicious aromas.  She only asked for my help once - she is proving to be a very capable young lady in the kitchen. 

I spent the day making a few gifts for a friend who has just celebrated her first wedding anniversary and has bought her first house after years of renting.  They moved in last weekend.  All very grown up!  

I made  - (drum roll...)- BUNTING!!  




Sorry - I know, its all I seem to make these days...but nearly every day I have a new idea that starts to form in my mind.  









I can show you confidently knowing that she won't see this - I have only told my family that I have started blogging.  

I then wrapped them sweetly.  



I do hope they will love them.   

I also made this bunting...a friend nearby may be receiving this in the post soon.  




I do love sending happy mail. 

I must go, Big G has called out "can someone lay the table please?"

Claire
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping by. It is always lovely to hear your comments, they are read and cherished x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...