PAGES

Monday 7 July 2014

Spontaneous summery purchase number two

Hello to all of you, I hope you enjoyed the glorious weather we had on Saturday.  I spent the day at the beach with Middle B, my sister and my 4 month old nephew... great fun.  


I do love to be beside the seaside!  

I feel so at home by the sea, although I will only go ankle deep in the water...unless Big G is with me!  She holds my hand and can convince me to go in further.  I have been known to go in as far as my waist.  ANYWAY....back to the point of this post!

Whilst by the sea I popped into a second hand furniture shop that my sister told me about.  She has her eye on a very pretty French dresser and wanted to see what I thought of it.  Whilst inside the shop I found lots of lovely things to buy, vintage linen, side tables, vases I could have bought a lot.  However this chair caught my eye, and as it was only £20, I bought it.  I was particularly pleased because it has recently been spray painted white and it does not wobble.  

I cannot abide wobbly chairs!


So I gave my new super comfortable chair a quick wash, chose my fabric and got to work.

I bought an electric stapler/nail gun a couple of months ago and today I got to use it!  Was a bit nervous - kept getting images of staples firing at my face in an uncontrolled manner!  Think I watch to many cartoons with Middle B!



Because the fabric was faux leather and I had no idea of what would greet me if I removed the leather - I simply lay my chosen fabric on top, positioned it, stapled it, trimmed the edges and gave my self a pat on the back.  

I do think the chair would suit a bolder and bigger design but I don't have any so I plumped for this one as I've been itching to use it ever since I purchased it.  


For once - a make that I am happy with.

Speak to you very soon my friends. I'm planning a GIVEAWAY for my next post.  Ohhh...Get me!!

I'll tell you why i'm doing a giveaway, what you can win and how you can win it...soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping by. It is always lovely to hear your comments, they are read and cherished x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...